About The Applied Research Company
Since 1985, The
has assisted a variety of organizations in the design,
development, and delivery of financial software applications.
involvement ranges from
product concept and design to documentation, training and marketing.
Clients include software providers,
service bureaus, brokers, proprietary trading
exchanges throughout the world.
in the research and design of applications for analyzing
exchange-traded and OTC financial
instruments, including stocks, bonds, commodities, futures,
Past projects have included:
- Research on financial modeling of CFDs
- Research for single stock futures
- Design of margining algorithm for FX options
- Design specification for bond trading workstation
- Design specification for energy trading
- Design of interface for futures-options analysis
- Design and development of physical
commodity hedging system
- Design of volatility modeling
module for FX options analysis product
- Documentation and sales force training for futures
- Promotional copyrighting and
presentations for options analysis product
John C. Nelson is president and co-founder of The ARC.
Nelson has traded stocks, futures and options since 1981.
The ARC is a Commodity Trading Advisor, registered with the US
Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and a member of the National Futures Association.
and has presented seminars worldwide on trading and
technology, and has acted as a judge in design competitions. He
is an industry advisor to the McCormick School of Engineering
at Northwestern University.
Mr. Nelson graduated Pi Mu Epsilon with a
B.S. in Mathematics and a M.S. in Statistics from Kansas State University. Mr. Nelson also holds a Master of Engineering
Management degree from Northwestern University. He is a
member of the Professional Risk Managers International Association and the International Association of Financial