About The Applied Research Company
Since 1985, The ARC has assisted a variety of organizations in the design, development, and delivery of financial software applications. Our involvement ranges from product concept and design to documentation, training and marketing.
Clients include software providers, service bureaus, brokers, proprietary trading firms, and financial exchanges throughout the world.
The ARC specializes in the research and design of applications for analyzing exchange-traded and OTC financial instruments, including stocks, bonds, commodities, futures, and options.
Past projects have included:
- Research on financial modeling of CFDs
- Research for single stock futures product
- Design of margining algorithm for FX options
- Design specification for bond trading workstation
- Design specification for energy trading workstation
- Design of interface for futures-options analysis product
- Design and development of physical commodity hedging system
- Design of volatility modeling module for FX options analysis product
- Documentation and sales force training for futures workstation product
- Promotional copyrighting and presentations for options analysis product
John C. Nelson is president and co-founder of The ARC. Mr. Nelson has traded stocks, futures and options since 1981. The ARC is a Commodity Trading Advisor, registered with the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and a member of the National Futures Association.
He has written articles and has presented seminars worldwide on trading and technology, and has acted as a judge in design competitions. He is an industry advisor to the McCormick School of Engineering at Northwestern University.
Mr. Nelson graduated Pi Mu Epsilon with a B.S. in Mathematics and a M.S. in Statistics from Kansas State University. Mr. Nelson also holds a Master of Engineering Management degree from Northwestern University. He is a member of the Professional Risk Managers International Association and the International Association for Quantitative Finance.